Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Blogger Coming Through!

  Hi Eveyone!  
My name is Meredith, I live in KC, MO and just turned 30 years old.  
I've been married for 7 1/2 years to my college sweetheart and have been a life long planner/crafter.  I'm an avid 'Pinner' and blog reader, but am new to actually having my own blog. The need for "Bows By Blair" came when I was looking for a way to organize my thoughts, ideas, and projects in order to share them my fellow crafters and Pinners and maybe get some feedback.  Here's a little about me and what I like to do...

Until my daughter was born a year ago, I had worked in Education.  I didn't always have a creative outlet at my job so I was always looking for the next party to plan or project to tackle.  Luckily, I had several friends and family members get married/have babies over the last few years which has kept me busy planning their events and showers.  However, now that I have the good fortune of staying at home with Charlotte, my need for creativity has kicked into overdrive!  To keep me occupied during nap time, I started a very small side-business creating girls hair bows and accessories called Bows By Blair (www.facebook.com/thebowsbyblair.  This was supposed to give me a steady hobby other than daily shopping trips to Target.  Much to my husband's dismay, I stopped frequenting Target as much and became obsessed with Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnn's instead.  Fueling this addiction even more was favorite Christmas gift this year... a sewing machine!!!  After taking a 'driver's ed' for my Singer, I've officially entered the exciting, yet daunting world of sewing.  


My first goal with this blog will be to upload/archive pictures of the events I've planned as well as projects I've done for my daughter, home, etc.  Hopefully, I'll get some new ideas from followers and some feedback as well!  Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment